- Experience 5 Years
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Education: M.Sc./ BSc. in electronic engineering or equivalent.
The “High Speed Serial Interfaces” group is part of the BU Automotive Central R&D organization. The focus of the group is on the development of Automotive Ethernet physical interfaces (PHY’s). Next to Ethernet the group also works on e.g. 5, 10 and 20 Gigabit/sec re-drivers for standards like USB3 and Displayport.
We have a permanent position available for the role of Senior Digital IC Design Engineer.
You will be part of a team of approx. 15 colleagues, dealing with both digital and analog designs. Besides your experience as digital design engineer in this role we are looking for candidates with strong organizational skills to manage and monitor their own works as well as that for your colleagues.
- You develop the core competence on Ethernet PHY’s
- Contribute to architecture- and design reviews and conduct peer reviews on the designs of other designers
- Front end RTL design and verification of digital circuits: Responsible for the implementation of your designed circuits,
- Overseeing the top/block level verification in close cooperation with the verification team, and debugging failing test
- Cases on module level and SoC top level
- Synthesis; produce a timing clean design with reliable constraints
- Lead and mentor other engineers with latest methodologies
- Take the lead in analyzing and solving IP- and system level issues until resolution and closure
- Be sure you document the designs.
- To be successful in this role you have:
- M.Sc./ BSc. in electronic engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital IC design;
- Decent knowledge of Verilog and/or VHDL design languages
- Experience with matlab and digital signal processing and Cadence design environment
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages
- Good communication skills, team player, driver mentality, pro-active attitude
- Outgoing, creative, motivating, curious, open minded
- Able to identify and resolve complex issues
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent English speaking and in writing.